Weather and climate
Best time to visit
Between December and August.
Explore the surroundings
Barbados holidays offer pure relaxation, with some of the finest hotels in the Caribbean. The sophisticated west coast has superb hotels, excellent restaurants, white sand beaches and clear calm waters - ideal for swimming. The livelier popular south coast boasts some of the island's best beaches as well as the chic bars and glittering nightlife of St. Lawrence Gap.
A great variety of accommodation ensures a fabulous beach holiday for all. Stay in unique properties such as a plantation, watch sunsets on the beach, unwind in a spa or cruise the waves on a restored clipper.
Barbados holiday highlights
- The island's clear warm waters and stunning barrier reefs are teeming with colourful fish and other marine life - ideal for snorkelling.
- Venture underground and explore Harrison's Cave, an enchanting limestone cave of beautiful stalactites and stalacmites where crystal clear streams flow into waterfalls that cascade into clear emerald pools.
- Swim with sea turtles for a magical holiday experience.
- Enjoy a thrilling range of watersports from some of the Caribbean's most stunning beaches.
- Discover the secret to crafting some of the world's finest rums and enjoy taste-testing with a tour of one of the island's famous rum factories.
- The climate, spectacular scenery and astounding courses make Barbados a golfers' paradise.
- Visit former plantations, romantically ruined or skilfully reused, such as the Flower Forest at Richmond Plantation.
Hit the island’s pristine beaches for deep-sea fishing: kite-, wind- and board-surfing; scuba diving; and snorkelling.
A duty-free shopping paradise, in Barbados you can browse for designer fashion, jewellery and anything else you can think of, plus local handicrafts at the markets and galleries that dot the island.
Zip-line through tropical forest and go hiking through stunning surroundings.